A Reflection of Some Sort

So this is a reflection…  The holiday that happens once a year, but the spirit that we have should occur ever day; not just observed on one day. The way some people act around Christmas, “I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month (Harlan Miller).” As every one counted down the days until they are able to spend time with family and give and receive presents of all sort. However, this year seems to be a bit different. Something about the season was a bit different, but I wasn’t a Scrooge nor the Grinch, but I was in the holiday spirit, but Christmas was different. Now that is just me… I don’t know how it was for you. Or maybe I just lost that state of mind this year. But Christmas really has felt very different this year.  However, never the less, since after Thanksgiving I have fallen in love with Christmas music. I don’t think you can be in the Christmas mood without the music. One of my favorite song is Felize Navidad. I will break out with that song in a heart beat. But sometimes the holidays can’t be too fun and charitable for everyone because less fortunate will be out on the their mischievous adventures robbing cars, people, and stores, for whatever presents they may have.

Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day. – Helen Steiner Rice

Similar to what they say about Thanksgiving that we should not be thankful for just that one day, but every day and throughout the year. I know that may sound cliché, but it is true. I’m learning that not everyone will have the same feeling or the way you have for the holidays. We are some days away from ending 2009 and celebrating the year 2010. I believe that this year has been such a year that I want to leave everything that happened in the past and look to the hills for the year 2010. I can not actually believe that it will be twenty-ten soon. That’s unimaginable to be saying. I am excited to see what surprises and things will happen next year. I know for a fact that I’m a bit thrilled to be turning 22 on February 15th. I don’t believe that I will be that old. I will be growing older, but growing up is a different story. And with the year comes the resolutions. I really don’t make any sort of resolutions.  Why make them if you can’t successfully fulfill them? I think to some extent they are overrated. I’m sure people will be making them if they have not started already.

Ring out the old, ring in the new,
Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true.
- Lord Alfred Tennyson

1 comments:

  • happy new year bro! time to start anew! hope you find the "one" this 2010...i'm hoping the same thing too... cheers to us!