Simply August

Simply August. Yep.. that is the title of this post. If you ask how did I come up with the title, I could not give you a clear answer. July took it slowest time, but it did take its toll. What comes to mind when you think of August. For me, I think of, hopefully cooler weather, the season of mostly students going back to school. I think of Fall, though it is late summer, television shows. I think of the time of the year where we come back from summer vacation and nestle in back to a daily routine. Of course, as the weeks progress, the season changes to fall. And I return for Fall classes on the 31st. The last day of the month!  I’m really excited to start a new semester. The schedule is pretty good. I am done with my classes in the morning and no night classes. It’s not the actual way I wanted but I believe I can manage it. Something different I guess. I’m interested to meet the new professors, people to meet, friends to make, and some of the new courses I will be taking. However, when the the instructors begin to give out homework, readings, projects, research papers, and midterms approaches, I will then be wishing for a desirable break. It happens every semester.

A contest. There is a one going on for those of us that may be and are going back to school; especially for those college students. No, I am not a participating website giving away the prize, but I will hope I enter in a few and be given one to me as a winner. A similar competition happened almost this time last year where they were giving out a cool prize HP notebook. And this time it is a better than last time. I didn’t win the last year so I’m hoping to enter in the giveaway this time around. The contest is called Back to School: Better Together. At that website you will be able to read reviews of both laptops and software and even the bag! I will say that there is  25 chances to win, only once, the following items in the buddle: HP dv6 laptop, HP Mini 110 laptop, a customized Timbuk2 bag, and Syncables software. Be sure to check out the schedule and keep up with each starting and finishing. I really would want to win those that awesome prize buddle. Who wouldn’t want to win what they are giving away? And I could really put them to good use as I can use one for Internet and online usage and for school, homework, research and the other laptop can be use for entertainment wise. So yeah.

On Television. America’s Best Dance Crew (ABDC) is starting a new season this weekend. If I’m not mistaken the new time slot will be Sunday nights. Season 4 premieres Sunday at 9 EST/8 CST. I remember seeing the last season and they had some terrific dance groups. I’ve seen previews for the new season and hope to get a chance to watch some of the episodes on television. If not then I can catch them online. That’s one show I want to watch when time permits. Pretty good to be a dance competition worth watch in my opinion. The show brings everyone together. In my words, I think it is a show that is good to watch. It’s surely not trashy like many other shows I have seen. Paula Abdul is not going to a judge on the next season of American Idol. She will be a guest judge on another competition show. She twitted that she was not going to be on the next season and that she appreciates all the support and love from the fellow judges and fans. In her place, Kara DioGuardi will be the judge for the show’s next season. I’m sure it will be awkward to be on the panel without Paula, but I guess it is what it is. So You Think You Can Dance has offer to let her be a guest judge on one of their episodes. I have not really read anything else about whether she will or not, but most likely I think she may. She will only return as a judge if the deal is offer to her in fair terms. It seems that she wants more money than last year and reject a raise that the producers has offered her. So who knows what will happen next for American Idol.

Movies. I’ve noticed a lot of previews or many a few of some good movies that are soon to be about this month and months ahead. Been a while since I have went to a movie theater. Usually I wait to go to until they come out on DVD. I sort of have a thing about being in very crowded places. I know… it’s weird. I hope that everyone has their plans to go see any of the movies that have already came out an plans to see those that will come out. I would like to see The Final Destination in 3D. I know that will be so thrilling and suspenseful to see the movie pop-out at you. I have seen all the sequels in the movie series. That comes out on the 28th of this month. Also Halloween II is suppose to be coming on the 28th as well. If you have not seen the previews of these movies, then you should go check out the official websites. I think I more so like Final Destination than Halloween though I do like to watch a good horror movie.

1 comments: