Reality: I’m Just an Ordinary Person

We only got one world. Over the last few days I’ve been doing some thinking… thinking about everything that has been going on with me personally and other people. Is it okay to have the days where we can show sadness and not be all happy? Like those days where things may not be going so well? I mean sometimes I feel like I’m alone and what I’m thinking and experiencing, others may not be going through. Okay, I will admit that I had an unusual childhood and even my years in middle and high school had the good and bad experiences and people that I met. And I will say that half of the time though I’m smiling and seem so happy, deep somewhere, I’m not quite the way I appear.

Well, I'm going home, back to the place where I belong
And where your love has always been enough for me
I'm not running from, no, I think you got me all wrong
I don't regret this life I chose for me
But these places and these faces are getting old
So I'm going home, well I'm going home

Home by Daughtry

I’m just an ordinary person living the life of an average person. I mean sometimes I feel like I’m just in this world, but yet in a world of my own. This is reality. This where the line of growing up comes into play and maturing into adulthood. This or these depressive feelings of being overwhelmed because I can’t get any assignments done exists. The feelings of not being an average social person comes and goes. I mean what exactly does it take to express to everyone else to take it slow and not have a big ego. I guess I will have to say that I’m not living the life… pretending that everything is alright, but it’s not.

My heart goes out to those who may be on the wrong path in life. Sometimes I feel like telling people to be themselves and let me be me. Other times I feel like I have done something wrong because I didn’t save a person’s life? There’s so much helping I can offer to everyone. All I ask is to give me a chance. I do apologize for such post, but I feel like these feeling and thoughts must be released. Released by the method of writing. Things should not go in the direction of societal expectations because it will only make things worse for a person. I rather not go with the crowd but in a path of my own.

As Frost’s poem goes, we should take the path less taken. This reminds of the quote on being a leader. It’s not a position but an action. Far too many people want to be leaders but they are not showing action (by the way which is a verb!). They just want the title of being a leader because it looks good on their resume. I hear that a lot. It’s like a newly found cliché. I, again, apologize for spilling my guts. I feel that the expression and feelings and trueness of the writer of the blog should be known. It allows the friends to be closer to the writer if you ask me. This is reality. What is reality? Bring the REAL out of reality. Reality television is not really as it should be. It, the shows has script and all done in a studio in Hollywood or another great American city. If you want reality try going out with a camera and record your every day life. NOW THAT’S REALITY.

I feel like I kind of don’t belong. I feel alone and there’s a song that I can’t think of right now that mentions that there’s someone else that may be feeling the same. And we shouldn’t be feeling left out alone. I mean I’m just an ordinary person. Either people will like you or either they don’t. But all in all I feel that I shouldn’t have to do what others are doing and have almost the same interests as they do in order to make friends with them. I rather be at a place where I belong. Where is that place you may ask? I’m not quite sure. If you know of that place let me know. I’m a person on a mission to achieve life goals. I want to be able to be a person that can contribute to our society in one way or another.

8 comments:

  • It appears that you're struggling for a place you can call your home. Bro, never ever go with the societal norms especially if you know for yourself it destroys your being "you". Just be yourself and the rest will follow. Dare to be different because it brings out the best in you.

  • I know what you mean. I sometimes can't keep myself from thinking about such ideas and the societal norms. Too often societal normals have no affect on me because I wouldn't be an individual if I have such effects. I'm always, well usual, daring to try something new and get out the box so that others may see that it's okay to not follow the standards of acceptance.

  • I love the last two lines of this. Kelvin, it's refreshing to see someone who realizes meaning comes from service to others, not from great deeds or lifting ourselves up.

    There's nothing wrong with being an ordinary guy - don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

    Set those life goals and see them through!

  • Kelvin, this is a great post. I think so many people go through this feeling especially during college and not enough of them talk about it. which makes the rest of us feel 'out of place'. in my opinion, there is no norm. only what people socialize us to think is the norm. we all are changing the world, for good or for bad, but either way, the world is different because we are here. we ALL have our own story, unique from anyone else's, but one that allows to empathize with many others whose lives have similar themes. what keeps us from fitting in makes us fit together. it's like a puzzle, i guess. haha. i think you'll look back and appreciate this time you spent wondering and discovering. best of luck, man.

  • Kelvin,

    Wow. I know exactly how you feel.

    When I started blogging I kind of just did it for myself, as a kind of emotional release. I didn't expect anyone to comment on my posts, or even read them for that matter. But then they did anyway. And I'm really glad they did, because it made me realize that I'm not the only person that has been in a certain situation, or has felt the way I felt. To me, that's one of the greatest things about blogging- not just to spark conversation, but to serve as a reminder that you're not alone.

    I love your blog (: It's so honest and you really know how to put certain emotions into words, which is really hard to do for some people, me included. I actually just gave you an award if you want to check it out.

    -Fai

  • I like most of what you said Kelvin. You wrote this quite some time ago and I hope things are better for you now. BTW, I wouldn't ask where your place in life is, because I know that feeling but I can understand why you wrote it that way. Please be astute because I would be even more saddened if your good intentions were misused by others .. it often happens that way, unintentionally or not. Best wishes to you.

  • This comment has been removed by the author.
  • i really really appreciate your writings here kelvin coz same way i experienced and feel this way , thumbs up!:)